V Insurance

Call +61 (2) 8599 8660 or 1300 945 547

Frequently Asked Questions

Where and when am I covered?

Cover under the Tenpin Bowling Australia insurance policies applies when Tenpin Bowling Australia affiliated State/Territory and Local Associations, including all registered members, participate in activities in a registered centre, accredited lane inspectors, officials, coaches, committee members, employees of the insured including apprentices, voluntary workers and work experience students.

What insurance policies are automatically provided as a part of Tenpin Bowling Australia membership?

The following insurance policies automatically form part of membership;

  • Public Liability
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Personal Accident
  • Association Liability

What is Public Liability Insurance?

This policy provides protection for insured entities and persons that are held liable for a negligent act that results in property damage or bodily injury anywhere in the world (excluding USA and Canada).

What is the Limit of Liability?

$20,000,000 for Public Liability claims
$5,000,000 for Professional Indemnity claims

Is there a Public Liability / Professional Indemnity policy excess?

Yes an excess of $1,000 is payable by you, the Tenpin Bowling Australia member

Are non-Australian residents covered?

Yes providing you are a Tenpin Bowling Australia member

What is Personal Accident Insurance?

Personal Accident Insurance covers you for injuries you sustain while participating in activities that take place in a Tenpin Bowling Australia registered centre, including all official events, playing, training and official social events and fundraising activities including all travel to and from these events in Australia.
The most commonly claimed expenses under the Tenpin Bowling Australia Personal Accident policy are; 

  • Non Medicare Medical Expenses
  • Loss of Income

Non-Medicare Medical Expenses

Under this policy, you are able be reimbursed for up to 85% of Non Medicare Medical Expenses to a maximum of $5000 per injury.  There is a $20 excess that applies to each injury.  A nil excess applies if you have Private Health Insurance.

Loss of Income

Under this policy, the Loss of Income benefit provides cover for insured persons who are unable to work due to an injury sustained whilst participating in sanctioned events, playing, training and trialling, fundraising activities or travel to and from these activities in Australia.  The benefit is up to 85% of your net weekly income up to a maximum of $500 per week, whichever is the lesser. There is no benefit payable for the first 7 days you are away from work as a result of your injury.  The benefit period is 52 weeks.

Are there any medical expenses which are not covered?

Yes. There is a Government Legislation which prevents insurers from covering Medicare related costs including the Medicare Gap.  The most common “Non-Medicare” expenses include:

  • Private Hospital Bed & Theatre Fees
  • Dental
  • Ambulance
  • Chiropractic
  • Physiotherapy
  • Osteopathy

Medical expenses that are covered by Medicare (i.e. not covered by this sports injury policy) include:                        

  • Doctor’s Fees
  • Surgeon’s Fees
  • Anaesthetist’s Fees
  • X-rays

Am I covered in the event of death or other permanent injury?

Yes, the following lump sum payments are provided under the Tenpin Bowling Australia Personal Accident policy;

Death Members (aged 18 and over)$100,000
Death Members (aged under 18)$20,000
Quadriplegia / Paraplegia$200,000
Capital Benefits$100,000

What is the age limit on the Tenpin Bowling Australia Personal Accident Policy?

The policy covers members which are aged between 2 – 100 years of age

Do I have to pay for my medical expenses first?

Yes, the Personal Accident policy is a reimbursement policy, you must pay for your medical expenses and seek the applicable reimbursement under the Personal Accident insurance policy