V Insurance

Call +61 (2) 8599 8660 or 1300 172 321

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Period of Insurance for the insurance scheme?

4.00pm 30 November 2023 to: 4.00pm 30 November 2024.

Both Local Standard Time at the Insured’s head office.

Where and when am I covered?

Cover under the Pedal Power ACT insurance policies apply when members are cycling (including 3 wheel trikes, e-bikes, push scooters and e-scooters) on a 24/7 basis, including general riding, commuting to work, on a training ride or competing in a race / event and travel to and from these activities, anywhere in the world.

What insurance policies are automatically provided as a part of Pedal Power ACT membership?

The following insurance policies automatically form part of membership;

  • Public Liability
  • Personal Accident

What is NOT covered?

  • Bicycles and associated equipment
  • Personal property

Pedal Power ACT members are encouraged to arrange separate insurance policies to cover your bike and personal equipment

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public Liability Insurance pays for costs you are liable for in the event you cause bodily injury to someone or damage their property as a result of negligence whilst riding a bicycle

Am I covered if I cause damage to a motor vehicle?

Yes. If the motor vehicle owner takes action against you claiming for reimbursement of the cost of repairs etc and you were at fault, cover under the Pedal Power ACT Liability policy applies.

What is the Limit of Liability?

$5,000,000 for Public Liability claims

Is there a Public Liability policy excess?

Yes an excess of $1,000 is payable by you the Pedal Power ACT member.

Am I covered whilst participating in a race?


Are non-Australian residents covered?

Yes providing you are a Pedal Power ACT member

What is Personal Accident Insurance?

Personal Accident Insurance covers you for injuries you sustain while riding your bike on a 24/7 basis including racing.

The most commonly claimed expenses under the Pedal Power ACT Personal Accident policy are;

  • Non Medicare medical expenses (85% of Non Medicare medical expenses up to $10,000)
    $50 excess applies, $nil excess if you have private health insurance
  • Loss of Income (85% of your income up to $1,200 per week)
    There is no benefit payable for the first 7 days you are away from work as a result of your injury. The benefit period is 52 weeks.

Are there any medical expenses which are not covered?

Yes. There is a Government Legislation which prevents insurers from covering Medicare related costs including the Medicare Gap.

The most common “Non-Medicare” expenses include:

  • Private Hospital Bed & Theatre Fees
  • Ambulance
  • Physiotherapy
  • Dental
  • Chiropractic
  • Osteopathy

Medical expenses that are covered by Medicare (ie. not covered by this sports injury policy) include:

  • Doctor’s Fees
  • Anaesthetist’s Fees
  • Surgeon’s Fees
  • X-rays

What is the age limit on the Pedal Power ACT Personal Accident Policy?

The policy covers members up to 100 years of age.

Do I have to pay for my medical expenses first?

Yes, the Personal Accident policy is a reimbursement policy, you must pay for your medical expenses and seek the applicable reimbursement under the Personal Accident insurance policy.